Redeem Plc: O2 brightens up 2010 with extra cash offer for green upgraders
Jan 27, 2010 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
O2 is offering an extra cash incentive to customers who upgrade their mobile devices through its online shop ( http://shop.o2.co.uk/home) and then recycle their old phones at www.o2recycle.co.uk.
Available straight away for all those visiting O2's Online Shop to upgrade their handset will receive an additional 10 per cent more cash when recycling old products - rewarding customers for being green!
If you are looking to upgrade not only will you get some of the best deals available with O2, but you will also be rewarded with cash for being kind to the environment - the perfect January sweetener!
The online service at www.o2recycle.co.uk can be used by anyone in the UK, regardless of network, and offers cash on a wide range of products including:
--Mobile Phones (including accessories)
--Satellite Navigation Systems
--Handheld Computer Games Consoles
For every recycled device O2 will donate GBP1 to its community investment programme.
The online service www.o2recycle.co.uk, operated by leading phone recycling specialist Redeem Plc, is part of O2's commitment to bringing products and services to market which motivate and help customers to be more sustainable.
Notes to editors:
The service is easy to use - simply visit www.o2recycle.co.uk and enter details of your mobile phone or other device and receive an estimated value, which is subject to the device working. Then print off a receipt and a pre-paid postage bag is sent out for the device. Alternatively, the bags will also be available in all O2 stores. Once the device has been received and is confirmed to be in good working order, the customer receives a text to say that the money will be transferred to their account.
* Telefonica O2 UK Limited is a leading communications company for consumers and businesses in the UK, with 21 million mobile customers and 527,126fixed broadband customers as at 30 September 2009.
* Telefonica O2 UK Limited is part of Telefonica Europe plc which is a business division of Telefonica S.A. and which owns O2 in the UK, Ireland, Slovakia, Germany and the Czech Republic, and has 46 million customers.
* In 2006 Telefonica Europe acquired Be*, the UK fixed broadband provider, and in October 2007 O2 launched its broadband service using the Be* network.
* O2 is the naming rights partner of The O2, the world-class entertainment venue.
* O2 was ranked highest in customer satisfaction for both UK mobile and fixed broadband customers according to the J.D. Power and Associates UK Mobile and Fixed Broadband Studies 2009.
* In February 2009 O2 became the first UK mobile operator to be officially certified with the Carbon Trust Standard in recognition of O2's commitment to reduce its carbon footprint and the 15% reduction in energy consumption achieved over the past three years.
* O2 was launched on 1 May 2002 and now has more customers than any other UK mobile network.
* O2's UK mobile network covers 99% of the UK's population. O2's 3G network covers over 80% of the UK population and is fully HSDPA-enabled, providing speeds of up to 3.6 Mbps for customers with an HSDPA-enabled device.
* Telefonica Europe also owns 50% of the Tesco Mobile and Tchibo Mobilfunk joint venture businesses in the UK and Germany.
* For further press information about O2 go to www.o2.co.uk/news
--Redeem plc was founded in 1999 and currently employs 100 staff across its six sites in London; Falkirk (Scotland); Rome; Dublin; Istanbul and Hong Kong.
--Their success has been recognised by numerous awards including seven Business in the Community Big Tick Standard of Excellence Awards, Chamber Awards Business Commitment to the Community for Scotland, Business in the Community Small Company of the year 2009, The Quality Scotland Corporate Citizenship Award, Scottish Business in the Community SME of the Year 2005.
--Once Redeem receives used electronics they are graded and sold on for second hand use, very often in developing countries where the mobile phones are in particular demand. Due to landline infrastructure which is poor, they become an essential means of communication for both business and personal use. Used products which are unable to be resold are recycled down to their component parts, which include precious metals such as gold and silver. Printer cartridges are refilled for reuse and returned to the consumer stream as a more environmentally friendly option.
CONTACT: Nick Wilkins, O2
Tel: +44 (0)1753 565 656
Kate Hayward, Account Director, Weber Shandwick
Tel: +44 (0)131 556 6649
Tel: +44 (0)7770 886 902
Fax: +44 (0)131 556 6741
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com.
[ Back To M2M Evolution Home's Homepage ]