TMC and Crossfire Media have revealed a number of new sessions have been added to the M2M Evolution Conference, taking place at ITEXPO, Feb. 2 to 4, at the Miami Beach Convention Center.
The latest installment of M2M Evolution identifies the market opportunities for one of the fastest growing segments of the telecommunications industry. New sessions featured in the M2M Conference program include:
- The mHealth Initiative: Sierra Wireless’ Oliver Amiot; Telit’s Michael Ueland and Wyless’ Dan McDuffie discuss the expanding role of M2M in the healthcare ecosystem, and identify the requirements for application developers.
- Seeing is Believing: Video Surveillance: Clear2there’s Craig Steen and Tom Shafron from Viewbiquity discuss how M2M video technology is being used by municipalities.
- High-Speed Air Interfaces: Telit Wireless Solutions’ Mike Ueland examines bandwidth requirements and IP air interfaces for next-gen M2M applications.
- M2M in the Cloud: Light and Electric’s Thomas Howe and Clever Spoke’s Chris Celeberti evaluate the rate at which M2M apps will move into the cloud, and discuss the types of net-centric platforms that will be needed to manage them.
- M2M -- Marketing to Masses Driving M2M: Renu Mobile’s Carol Glennon discusses how M2M is being used to catch our attention and persuade our purchases.
- Spanning the Distance M2M: ACP’s Robert Mazer discusses the best ways to connect end points, as devices get smaller and users become more mobile.
- The Device Ahead : Sierra Wireless’ Oliver Amiot looks at M2M developments, and forecasts how M2M solutions will be deployed at home and at work.
- T-M2M Strategy and Technology Update: T-Mobile’s Shelby Nokes discusses the company’s M2M strategy, business model and working relationships, as well as T-Mobile’s international M2M efforts and the expansion of M2M vertical markets.
- What’s next for LBS?: Numerex’s Rick Burtner evaluates the steady growth of LBS via M2M applications, in the government, insurance, and transportation sectors.
- M2M for Supply Chain Visibility: C.H. Robinson Worldwide’s Chris McLoughlin will describe how the ground, ocean and air logistics provider is leveraging M2M Technology for security, and to control costs in the supply chain. Additionally, technology provider OnAsset Intelligence’s Nikki Cuban will discuss how M2M technology is taking GPS to a new level - beyond speed, motion and location.
Keynote presentations are scheduled for 4G-Sprint’s Todd Rowley, Apriva’s Jeff Ford and TIA’s Jeff Smith. Additional details on these sessions will be made available in subsequent releases.
Registration for the M2M Evolution Conference is now open. Members of the media can reserve media credentials by contacting Todd Keefe at For Immediate Release PR.
“Today, more than 38 billion devices are currently connected across the healthcare, manufacturing, security, and transportation markets, representing an enormous growth opportunity throughout the telecommunications industry,” said Crossfire Media’s Carl Ford. “The M2M Evolution conference focus’s enables cross pollination across industries so that the economies of scale promised by wireless can be recognized and utilized by application, device and network leaders.”
The M2M Evolution Conference is one of the most popular collocated events at ITEXPO. Other events taking place at ITEXPO in Miami include: 4GWE; the Smart Grid Summit; the Cloud Communications Summit; SIP Tutorial; VIPeering; Channel Vision Expo; the Business Video Expo; StartupCamp; Super WiFi Summit and Digium|Asterisk World.
Edited by Tammy Wolf